Skip to main content

Adeyinka Challenges “Wanted” Declaration, Demands Police Review …As Toyin Fayose Apologises Over Fraud Allegation



A United Kingdom-based philanthropist, Chief (Mrs.) Dorcas Adeyinka, has publicly challenged her recent declaration as “wanted,” alleging that she was falsely accused and unlawfully listed in a police bulletin without being given a fair opportunity to defend herself.

In an emotional statement, Adeyinka called on the Nigerian Police Force to urgently review what she described as a petition filled with “baseless and well-crafted lies,” which allegedly led to the publication of her name in a wanted notice.

The development comes as Toyin Fayose tendered an apology to Adeyinka over an earlier allegation that she introduced a shipper who later defrauded her.

Fayose offered the apology in a video, clarifying that Adeyinka was not responsible for introducing the individual to her.

“I want to state clearly that Dorcas Adeyinka did not defraud me, and she was not the one who introduced the shipper who defrauded me,” Fayose said.

According to her, she met the shipper at one of the annual Christmas parties organised by Adeyinka in Nigeria, where he introduced himself to her.

“She did not give me his phone number. I am sorry if it appeared that I said so, and I apologise for everything I did to you.

“I want to emphasise that Dorcas Adeyinka did not join hands with the shipper to defraud me. The man acted alone. 

"He approached me himself and collected the package from me. I beg you in the name of God to forgive me. May God also forgive you. Please do not be angry with me. I am truly sorry,” she added.

Meanwhile, Adeyinka maintained that she was wrongfully accused of serious offences, including fraud, extortion and even murder; allegations she strongly denied.

“I have never seen the person I was accused of killing in my life,” she said, describing the claims as part of what she believes is a coordinated attempt to tarnish her reputation.

According to her, the petition that led to the wanted declaration was submitted by a woman whom she accused of deliberately misrepresenting facts. She insisted that the claims were not properly verified before action was taken.

Adeyinka further alleged that the immediate past Public Relations Officer of the Nigeria Police Force, Muyiwa Adejobi, declined to hear her side of the story before she was declared wanted.

She claimed that while investigators assigned to the matter were “fair and attentive,” the decision to publish her name had already been taken.

In her statement, she denied ever insulting or defaming the former police spokesperson, stating that she does not personally know him. She challenged authorities to provide any evidence that she had abused or defamed him.

“I was never given the opportunity to present my case before being publicly labelled.

“Can someone ask what offence I truly committed to deserve such injustice?” she queried.

Describing herself as devastated by the public accusations, Adeyinka said the wanted declaration has significantly damaged her reputation.

“These are complete lies against someone who has helped many Nigerians,” she said, adding that she believes the matter can still be resolved if authorities conduct a transparent review of the petition and the circumstances surrounding the case.

As of the time of filing this report, there has been no official response from the Nigerian Police Force or from Mr. Adejobi regarding Adeyinka’s claims.

For now, Dorcas Adeyinka said that she remains hopeful that her name will be cleared.

“I am in tears as I write this, but I believe we can rise above this,” she said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Was Beaten Up By Boys In Canaanland, Ota, On The Orders Of An Italian- Man Laments

Mr. Victor, a welder from Port Harcourt, Rivers State, experienced a harrowing incident on Wednesday, February 21, 2024, while at work in Ota, Ogun State. While going about his daily duties at a construction company responsible for building the ark in Faith Tabernacle, also known as Winner's Chapel, Victor faced an unexpected altercation with his boss, an Italian man named Mr. Lucas. According to Victor, the altercation escalated when Mr. Lucas suddenly slapped him on the ear from behind, without any apparent provocation. Shocked by the unwarranted assault, Victor instinctively retaliated by delivering a slap in return.  However, the situation took a drastic turn when Mr. Lucas allegedly instructed some Nigerian boys to physically assault Victor in retaliation. Subsequently, Victor was subjected to a brutal beating by the group of assailants, resulting in severe injuries, including pores coming out of his ears. Since the incident, Victor has been struggling to recover both physical...

Sanwo-Olu's Mistress, Aisha Achimogu, Embarrassed At Wedding Of Governor's Daughter

Saturday, April 6, 2024, is a day that Ms. Aisha Achimogu, the mistress of Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu of Lagos, won't forget easily. The birthday celebration of Ms. Achimogu in Grenada early in the year, attended by Governor Sanwo-Olu, sparked controversies.  Many residents and stakeholders accused the Governor of extravagantly spending millions of naira from the state government on the event. Therefore, when Ms. Achimogu was spotted at the wedding of Governor Sanwo-Olu's daughter, Modupeoreoluwa, a lawyer, to Oladele, it provided an opportunity for those who disapproved of her presence around the Governor to take action. The woman and her troop were said to have been stationed at No 9A McDonald in Ikoyi by Governor Sanwo-Olu. Sources at the event revealed that Ms. Achimogu was promptly asked to leave by some guests as soon as she was noticed. Reportedly, what angered them was Ms. Achimogu's audacity to attend the ceremony, especially in the presence of the Governor's ...

TASA Strengthens Alliance With Lagos Student Leaders, Sets Campus Mobilization in Motion Ahead of 2027 General Election

The Tinubu–Ambode Support Associates (TASA) today Wednesday, December 4, 2025, convened a strategic stakeholders’ meeting with student union leaders from across Lagos State, reaffirming the critical role of young people in shaping the democratic direction of the state as preparations intensify toward the 2027 general elections.   The meeting, attended by representatives of 11 tertiary institutions under the coordinated leadership of the Joint Campus Committee (JCC), NANS Lagos Chapter, provided a robust platform for frank political discourse, progressive engagement, and actionable strategies for youth driven political mobilization.   TASA leadership briefed the students on the urgent necessity of active participation in governance, noting that voter apathy particularly among young people significantly affected the 2023 general elections. The association emphasized that the era of leaving political decisions solely in the hands of politicians must end, as such disengagement onl...